There are 6 areas of technological influence Accounting firms are considering today that Iron Shield Networks will Assist with
- Cloud Computing is 3rd party based computing that requires strong, secure Internet access that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand. Cloud allows accountants to perform tasks from any remote location as well as the ability to deliver secure financial information and reports through the cloud. This storage and access medium offers up a new way for accountants to work with clients. This technology outsources the need to buy and manage expensive internal network equipment allowing more time to engage with the client and focus on core business strategy.
- Innovative Tax Software today helps improve accuracy while reducing errors – something firms should to embrace in order to avoid tax penalties and prevent issues with clients. Good tax software helps streamline audits making firms more efficient and effective. Understanding of accounting software and financial models is necessary to effectively conduct audits and discharge their responsibilities.
- Mobile Accounting is vital to the success in today’s business environment. Accountants becoming increasingly dependent on mobile devices to accesses data and serve clients. Many companies offer advanced accounting software packages. Strong Remote Internet Access and secure Wifi connectivity is important. Accounting on the move is becoming the norm with the ability to reconcile, send invoices, add receipts and create expense claims from smartphones or tablets.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Technology allows accountants to convert scanned paper documents, PDF files, or images captured by a digital camera into editable and searchable data. Record digitization helps streamline archiving processes by making documents searchable, sortable, and transferable. OCR Technology allows accounting firms to be nimbler with their accounting processes.
- Data Storage and Disaster Recovery
- Hosted VoIP Services
Accountants will need to embrace the rapid advances in accounting technology if they want to remain relevant in the accounting industry. This includes staying up-to date with technological trends, optimizing and adapting current accounting software to meet needs of their firm, and being open to accepting and learning advancing technologies. Iron Shield Networks will help you with this.